If you were to line up ten painting contractors and then ask how many of them were really worth hiring, our guess is that you would see at least ten hands be raised.
After all, who wouldn’t want to be hired for the job?
While this might be great for those ten painting contractors, it doesn’t exactly help you find the best candidate to meet your house painting needs. Thankfully for you, there are other ways to weed through the prospective painting pros, selecting the one who really deserves your trust.
Ready for the inside scoop?
6 Tips for Finding a Professional Painter
Here are a few practical tips that will never lead you wrong:
- Trust Your Intuition - Don’t discount how your painter makes you feel. After all, painting is all about trust, and it doesn’t get much more personal than inviting someone (or a team of people) into your home!
- Proper Insurance - Many homeowners don’t realize that cheap estimates are often made possible by not carrying the proper insurance and credentials. This leaves you ultimately liable for workplace accidents - not a good position to be in.
- Is Your Time Valued? - We may live in a digital age, but if your painter is constantly taking phone calls, is distracted by their phone, is running late for your appointments, or is slow to respond, they likely will not handle your project well. Painting calls for an attentive, personal touch.
- Clear, Detailed Estimate - There is no room for ambiguity when it comes to your estimate. It needs to be clearly laid out and define the work included in the total, steps to completion, products being used, timeline, and more. Assuming that something will or won’t be included is a risk.
- Review the Reviews! - Beyond just looking for only high scores and ratings, check to see how poor reviews were handled as well. Were they dealt with, and were clear solutions/resolutions offered?
- Check Out Their Work - A picture is worth a thousand words, and can speak volumes for the quality of work and pride in craftsmanship that the painting company offers.
Also, never be afraid to ask what will be included as far as surface preparation. Here at Nash Painting, we know that the steps you take before paint is actually applied dictate the quality, longevity, and beauty of the finished product. It’s absolutely essential that your painter invests the necessary time in doing your job right.
Professional House Painting Services in Nashville
The Nash Painting team is here to help, and we would be thrilled to walk you through our experience, philosophy, credentials, and the specifics of how your own project would be handled.
Contact us today to get the process rolling!